Friday, August 30, 2013

Together We Made It

You were a spark that slowly lit the flame. Steadily, it matured into a bonfire that kept growing and eventually snowballed into a blaze.

I recall our first encounter. Pioneer Mall and you were conversing with an acquaintance of mine. The random exchange of words ended up with me telling you that I'm a lesbian.

So you took her out. Her and her friends. See, my acquaintance didn't see it coming. Neither did I. You with your friends. Me with the acquaintance and a friend. And then your Paco Rabanne caught my nose.

Fast-forward, a year later, we still are. We've done it all. And it's with you I've learned to see life as beautiful. I've seen very breath-taking places with you and our unparalleled appreciation for nature has been a factor that made our travels worthwhile. There's still more places we're going to.

Then at some point I thought we were broken. But no, we were just bent. Took some work and dedication to get us back in shape again. Your patience inspires me to be the best I can be. Honestly, I don't know how you do it. I'm impossible. But because you never give up on me, I know you're for keeps.

I love you. I hope you know that. And even though right now we're waiting in the calm before the storm, this too, shall pass.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Vodacom

No comments:

Post a Comment