Friday, June 28, 2013

Ink On Skin

In my opinion, tattoos are an aphrodisiac...like oyster is rumored to be. Oh well, #rollseyes, I wouldn't know. They simply turn me on. Tattoos tattoos tattoos! It looks like everybody out there is getting one, or two. Or three. Ok, let's make that A LOT of tattoos.

So apparently every tattoo is not just ink. It carries a certain meaning. And ignorant people out there are bound to be judged by their ink simply because they don't know it's meaning. Oh yes I do have a tattoo. A galaxy of 15cm in length. I don't know how people interpret star tats out there and frankly it doesn't matter. I know what it means to me. Hint: my daughter's name is Naleli.

I've been given all sorts of stares since I got it. Some impressed, some curious, some absolutely judgey! And I wonder, what gives anyone any right to judge anybody in this "flawless" world? Please! So as is my habit, I interviewed you my friends. And let's see what you think about tattoos.

Reatile*
"Lol...I love them. They represent the beauty of art. And yes I'd get one."

Lindiwe*
"Scared of they. They are forever. And I'm at a stage where I'm scared of the word forever."

Ron*
"I don't mind them so long as they don't portray evil or wrongdoing, perfectly fine."

Nthaby*
"I don't mind tattoos as long as they aren't all over the body. They are scary when they are like that."

Sammy*
"I love them madly and I would get one"

Ben*
"Tattoos are not ayoba. They are for life. And more, they are a means of communication. There's more to them than what meets the eye. They are more of a personal choice of statement."

Kealeboha*
"I don't like them. I'm a Mosotho sweetie. They call for attention. Like "hey! Look at me!"

Kelumetse*
"There was a time I wanted one but couldn't choose. It's too permanent for me but I understand anyone who has one. And I dated someone who has tattoos and was obsessed with them."

Thandie*
"I love them and I want one. But I also think they are Illuminati.

Lineo*
"I looooove tattoos. They are a form of expression and I want four of them!"

Anna*
"My only problem is that they are permanent. Even though I don't think I'd get one, I'd date a guy who has them. It's his body. Not mine."

Lintle*
"I don't have a problem with them. They are good if you get them done properly. Not too many of them though. One or two."

Rethabile*
"I love them! I have tattoos. Lots of them!"

Zandile*
"I like them and I'd get one but hide it from my parents because like most people, they think they are satanic."

Deezy*
"I love them. I want three butterflies for my mom, my dad and my son."

Sam*
"I love them and I'm going to get one. But one with meaning. Something about my mom."

Bongani*
"I really don't find them attractive and I see them as too much commitment since I haven't heard of an easy way to remove them should one fall out of love with them."

Mohale*
"I'm not into them. My woman has one but I have no problem with that."

******************************

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Vodacom

No comments:

Post a Comment