Sunday, June 30, 2013

Say Hello To Goodbye

Please lie to me. Lie and say you've never had to let go of something or better yet someone you'd rather keep with you. If going down that lane you find yourself hitting the brakes every now and then because it still takes away a part of you within, oh well, then cry me a river.

Sometimes you do wrong and you lose someone who means a lot and there's no way of getting them back, you know you have scarred them for life, and you have no one else to blame but you, the only thing left to do is watch them go. Your presence may serve as a reminder of the pain you caused them. And as for you, well, you are in pain too. But it's your fault. So deal with it.

At other times you're a victim and find yourself at the wrong side of a love song. You think you've got it all figured out. Only to be left in the midst of confusion trying to find your way out of a tangled web of a messy love affair. If you leave someone in that situation, here's something you gotta do. Same way you said hello, go and say goodbye.

You don't just pack up and leave without a word. Pelo ea motho ha se 'mantloane for God's sake! When you do that, you only harden the process of letting go for the other person. Sit them down, tell them the truth because lies can only make it worse. Leaving without a word, you leave them with not only the burden of a heavy heart over losing you but also the back-breaking work of finding why you left. You want them to leave you alone, fine, tell them the truth.

It's happened to me more times than I can count and frankly, I don't care to remember. Both ways actually. I left some without a word and one left me without a word. That sucks. But being where I am today, I can assure the victims out there that it's going to hurt...there are times when you'll feel like it's going to take forever, especially if you want it to go away overnight. But eventually, you're going to be fine. Trust me. One day you'll wake up, and it won't be as hard. Hell, you'll even laugh it off.

There's no need to keep hoping they'll be back. The best you can do for yourself is do your best to move on because trust me, they ain't thinking of you and they probably moved on even before officially leaving you. You just weren't in the know.

*********************************
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Vodacom

No comments:

Post a Comment