Saturday, July 27, 2013

CyberLove

So the social networks have taken over our social lives. Me for example, I have very few friends. Not more than 5 I'm sure. And most are always far and those near are just 2. For a person who loves privacy and own-time, that shouldn't be a problem. So I don't really mind.

Except when I'm with my room-mate(one of the two friends I have) Lerato and I realise that she has tons of friends whom she can hang with at clubs and such places. That shouldn't be a problem either because lately I don't go out much unless she drags me out of the house(literally). Facebook was one place I made tons of frenemies. It was fun. "Was" because I'm not there anymore and please don't ask why.

Then there are people who tirelessly search for love on these networks. Some are lonely souls and probably not accepted by society. So they create new identities and paint a whole new picture of who they are for their cyber-friends. Some just want diversion. A taste of something different from what they already have in their lives. And while some may confine their cyber-relationships just there on the internet, some choose otherwise and really go the extra mile to meet them in flesh. Then we have trouble brewing.

So what happens when they meet these people? What if they really like them? Can they fight it and remain true to their partners? Now we all know if there's something one can't run and hide from, it's love. And I do know quite a few of people who fell in love on the net. And they are still going strong at it. If you're happy and you know it, then do your best to stay away from these networks because you'll never know who's waiting for you there and before you know it, they could whisk you away even if you do your best to resist.

There's really no need to invite temptation in your life. You could lose a diamond simply because you chose to pick stones.

******************************************

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Vodacom

No comments:

Post a Comment