Sunday, July 21, 2013

When Cupid Misses The Heart And The Arrow Hit The Wall

I haven't always been straight with people. I look back at the things I did to some people with great regret and somewhere in a dark corner is a heap of bones of skeletons from my past. Some totally didn't deserve all my dramatics. Some totally did.

Don't act shocked. Even you know exactly what I mean. Yes you been there and you know what it's like to put someone on the edge of a cliff and be faced with the options of pulling them back and sending them over. And you know whichever choice you make, they're dead anyway.

Might as well toss a coin in the air. Might as well take a gun, put it to their heart and pull the damned trigger. At least that way it will hurt for just a short time and it will all be over. Unlike feeding them a poison and leaving them there to die so slow that by the time they are no more, they've actually died a million deaths in one.

Lost? Ok. What I'm saying is if you feel it's over for you and them, tell them. Point blank like that. Don't go round in circles when you can stick to a straight line. Choosing the circle route aka the poison route: telling them you love them but there're some things you gotta deal with first is just plain mean and inhumane.

Love ends. We know that. Even in marriage it does. That's if it even exists in marriage. Oh well! Then again, that's a topic for another day. Right now what I need to do is apologize to all the people out there I hurt. All of those who didn't have it coming.

Especially you SNUP. It's been years since then and I admire how you took every ounce of hurt with a brave face and still lived on. And still learned to love again. But most of all, thank you for being a true friend even after all that.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Vodacom

No comments:

Post a Comment